January 28, 2012

Edible Art for Kids: Painted Toast

I live in Florida and all my sisters and their kids live in Oklahoma/Texas.  This is just not right.  I miss them like CRAZY.  I am so blessed to be so close to my entire family.  My sisters and I are best friends.  We talk everyday and I get to talk to my nieces and nephews every day too...it's always one of the biggest highlights of my day.

Just thought I would share a fun food craft that they did yesterday, compliments of my sisters (Holly) genius brain.  I present to you: painted toast!  This works best with white bread.  It was the perfect after school snack/activity.

After they all had their aprons on, it started with melting butter into a few small glass containers (they used Pampered Chef prep bowls....love those!!!) and adding just a bit of food coloring to each bowl.  Then they used art paintbrushes purchased at Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart (that they keep separate for food projects) to paint the colored butter onto the toast.  Here's Avery painting her toast.
 Artist Jordyn painting her bread.
 Kyle Joe working on his masterpiece.
 After they were "painted" they were toasted and here is the finished edible project.
 Avery, Jordyn, and Kyle Joe eating up their artwork.
 What a fun and creative idea, and super easy too! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job holly!!! love those prep bowls myself!!