June 26, 2012

What's Been Keeping Me Busy & A Chest Makeover

I'm baaaackkkk.  Okay, so I've been a not so good blogger for a bit.  But, in my defense, I've been hanging out with these cuties!  Two of my nieces, Avery & Jordyn, have been visiting us for the last week.  We LOVED hanging out together, but they don't leave a lot of room for getting much "work" done.


My Dad and his Tennessee lady friend were also here.  We all had such a great time just spending time together. We did very important things like going to the beach, swimming at home, water balloon fights, the local park/splashpad, Chuck E. Cheese, the neighbors boat, hanging out with neighbor friends, playing in tents, and lots more.  As you can see, there just wasn't much room for working on projects or blogging about them.

So, this week I'm playing catch up. Big time.  But, I wouldn't trade it.  I'm sharing a chest of drawers makeover that I recently finished for a client.  She came and looked at the unfinished furniture I had on hand and chose this chest for me to finish for her bedroom.

 It was super rainy for about 10 days in a row just before my company came, so I had to snap a pic in the garage, which just isn't the best lighting.
 For this piece, the top was sanded down to bar wood and stained with dark walnut.  The body was sanded and painted with my custom grey paint mix.  Two coats, followed by a light distressing.  The entire piece got two coats of wax.  The original wood knobs were painted in an oil rubbed bronze.
 I love the way it turned out and my client was very happy.  In fact, this week, I will be working on some more furniture for her bedroom.  Can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

Rasonda @ East Conolly Cottage said...

I have been wondering about you!!! So glad you got some good family time in... very much deserved. Hope you had a blast.

PS- looove that dresser. I just love my boring ole' white.