February 8, 2012

Farm / Harvest Table

I'll start by saying I'm sorry that I didn't post yesterday.  In my defense, I did have 19 people at my house for dinner, though!  We had our normal 11 that come for our weekly dinner share and a few others.  We had invited a family from our Sunday School class over and then one of Justin's co-workers came as well (he's single, so he's got a standing invite!), and we had another friend who was here TDY (military code for here working for a week) so he joined us.  We are so blessed with friends and family!

I'm looking forward to a week from tomorrow, because I just found out my Dad will be coming for a quick visit.  He is driving someone to New Orleans for a ministry opportunity and he's going to come see us for an extended weekend!! YAY!  I can't wait.  I better get going on creating him a to-do/project list.  I have to make him earn his home-cooked meals while he's here!  And, let's just be real...he's like the most wonderful handy-man (okay, he ties with my hubby) that exists!!

Woo to the Hoo!!!  The farm house table Justin built is complete.  (Actually, it's been complete for a couple weeks, but I just haven't had a chance to post it yet.)  I wanted to keep this soooo, sooooo, soooo bad, but this booger is heavy.  It's definitely manageable though.  He made the legs removable if need be.  Too bad we are already waaaaay over our weight limit for moving.  Good thing for us we do a DITY (military code for do it yourself), so we actually end up making money in the long run.

Okay, back to the heart of this post.  The beautiful farm/harvest table.  I adore it.  And most of all, I love the fact that we built it all with free lumber.  Thank you dumpsters and side of the road (and neighbors who were building a house and putting the scraps out).  Today I'm just giving you a little teaser of this gorgeous beauty and I'll share a tutorial with you soon.  Don't you just love it???


 He also made a cute bench that matches.
 Here's how it all started:
Here's one of it put together but not stained/sealed.  This piece if currently for sale at Smith's Antiques.


No comments: