February 27, 2012

Letters to Heaven

Today won't be about furniture, it will be a bit more personal.  Today is one of those days that I've just been missing my Mom...a lot.  I miss my everyday (multiple) chats with her.  I miss sharing all the little daily details of life with her...the one's that no one else really cares about, but she always took interest in!  I can only imagine how wonderful her days are now in Heaven.  I sure wished we could have daily chats about those details.  

My Mom was such a beautiful lady:
For those that may not know, I lost my Mom when she lost her battle with brain cancer in June 2010.  And although it's incredibly hard going through life without her now, there is such peace in knowing her eternity is forever in Heaven and that I will join her there when this earthly life is over.  She was so encouraging and inspirational through her journey with cancer.  If you want to be encouraged, you should definitely read her story.  I can email it to you if you're interested.  I would be more than happy to do so.  Just leave a comment or send me an email if you would like me to email you the Microsoft Word document of her journey.  I can promise that you will be inspired.

Since I've been thinking about her so much today, I thought I would share this neat idea that my nieces do.  My sister had the idea to let them send letters to their "Noni" in heaven when they feel like sending her something special.  Last year, they were here visiting and we decided to send a little something special to Noni...

First off, Avery and Jordyn wanted to find a special sea-shell to send in their package, so off to the beach we went on the sea-shell hunt:
 Next, Avery drew a picture for "Noni" and  Jordyn wrote her a note.  We put them in ziploc bags, along with the sea-shells and used a hole punch to put a hole in the corner (to hold the balloon strings).
 Then we headed to the dollar store to get some balloons to deliver the special packages.  Let's just say one balloon won't carry a sea-shell and a note to Heaven...it takes three balloons.  Avery picked princess balloons because "Noni is a princess" and Jordyn picked Americana balloons because "Noni loved Fourth of July".

 Then they decided they wanted to go to Dairy Queen for a special date to release their notes to Heaven and have an ice-cream date.  Here they are getting ready to send up their special deliveries:


 Off to Heaven they go.  What a wonderful and tangible way for kid's to feel like they can send something up to Heaven and to feel close and connected to someone they love.
 And here's my two little munchkin nieces enjoying their ice-cream date.
 And, just so you don't think they make crazy faces all the time, here's Avery:
 and Jordyn:
I love them so much and I love this idea that my sister had.  Our family is so close and I'm blessed to get to be a part of these little princesses lives!!  I know my Mom sees each of us every day and is proud of the girls she and my Dad raised and the children we are now raising!

3 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet way for the girls to stay connected with their dear Noni. Blessings to your family Heather.

Anonymous said...

i sure miss aunt cindy ..if it would not had been for her i may have never found god... to her i owe eternity..

carmon carmjennings@gmail.com said...

Heather I would love to read your moms story. She was such a fun, loving women.