March 8, 2012

Chippy Old Door Goodness

What's up party people???  Just keeping it short and sweet tonight.  I'm sharing with you a piece I did for a client/friend of mine.  She brought me these items to put together.  This was just an old door that had been cut in half.  I started by waxing the entire piece in clear wax to protect and preserve it.  The metal hook was actually a new reproduction piece that I screwed on.  For the mirror, I attached it with liquid nails and screwed on two old glass door knobs.

I added a doubled heavy duty wire on the back to hang it with.  Easy-peasy.  I guess it turned out okay, because she sold this really quickly.  I just love the natural patina old pieces like this have.  As hard as I try, I just can't recreate the real deal when it comes to perfect chippy paint goodness.  The end.  Told you it would be short and sweet. :)

Linking up here:
  
 

2 comments:

A Few Pennies said...

Sweet project; loving that paint color!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the chippy look!