April 21, 2012

Modge Podge Desk Transformation

Hey guys--just sharing a quick little desk transformation tonight.  I really think I'm getting old...I'm tired and it's only 7:53!!  Mr. JUNKtion and I even skipped out on our weekly date night tonight because we were both tired and decided a bowl of popcorn was the way to go.

I hit a few garage sales this morning before the rain hit.  No major deals to write home about, but I did pick up a few little odds and ends.  Then we helped some friends move into a new house (it seems our trailer is popular for this), grabbed lunch at Lenny's (love me a good philly cheesesteak sandwich!), picked up some sod and other tidbits at Lowe's, worked around the house, started tackling our mess of a garage that can't seem to stay clean, laid sod and put in some grass plugs...I know, such an exciting life, huh!  Yep, we're boring people and we're okay with that!

Now, moving from the boring on to something fun!  I got this desk a while back for $5.  I just love a good bargain!  Of course, it didn't look like this.  And of course, I don't have a before picture--not that it's a big surprise that I would forget to take one.  Just imagine boring old golden colored wood.  I sanded it and painted it with two coats of Antique White from Benjamin Moore.  Then for the drawers, I modge podged on scrapbook paper.  Sealed it all with Polycrylic (because we all know polyurethane doesn't like our white furniture).

Super easy and I thought it turned out pretty cute.  I even left the hardware "as is" on this one.  Doesn't get much simpler than this!

 Oh, and another rarity for me (other than leaving the hardware alone) - no distresssing.  Shocker!  I felt like it would take away from the way the drawers were popping!  I guess someone else was okay with that too, because this one sold out of my booth at De'France pretty quick.
A big HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY to my sweet little nephew today.  I love you baby "A"!!!  Bubba and I wished we could have spent our birthday with you.

Isn't he so handsome!!  Ignore the fact that I'm cheesing bigger than who knows what here...let's just focus on the fact that I was getting some face time with this huggable cutie!!!

Linking here:

 
 






1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks awesome! i love the paper you used for it- the colors are beautiful!