It's a rainy, dreary day here, so Gauge and I aren't super motivated to get our outside projects done, so instead our day has been mostly indoor projects, some cuddling, laundry, housework, and the list goes on.
Today I'm sharing with you a dresser make-over that I recently completed. I bought this dresser from one of my client's daughters. She had bought it to fix up herself and resale, but just had too many other things going on and was ready to clear out some room in the garage. Enter a happy me. Dresser? Yes, please. They are my favorite pieces to refinish. Here's what it started out like:
And, here's what it ended up looking like:
After priming, I used two coats of paint (Cabinet Coat Paint from Benjamin Moore) and stained the top with Dark Walnut.
This piece was missing some hardware when I started, but I had enough to use on all of the drawers except for the top one. For the top I ended up using some knobs I had on hand that were a shiny gold color. I spray painted all of the hardware with my trusty oil-rubbed bronze. Oh, how I love me some oil-rubbed bronze (ORB). No, I really love me some ORB. Just look...you'll fall in love too. Anyhoo, the original hardware that came on the top two drawers was slightly smaller than the bottom drawers. I had to end up using some of the top drawer original hardware for the third drawer. Thankfully the hardware still covered the original holes and I just drilled holes slighty closer together to fit the hardware. By the way...this is not what I should have done. I should have figured it all out ahead of time, filled the holes, and then drill the new holes. I did not. Slacker; I know!
I'm linking up at: