January 16, 2012

Just an After

Hey Guys!  Just sharing a couple furniture "after" pictures of two pieces that I finished recently.  I bought these at a garage sale as a set, but they were NOT solid wood---UGH!!  I hate pressed wood, but I didn't inspect them well enough in the get go.  Thankfully, they were in great shape though.  Both the desk and chest were already green.  They really just needed a good cleaning.  There were lots of crayon marks and stickers and such, so I ended up sanding them as my way to clean this all off, giving me a distressed look in the meantime. 

 I followed with a couple coats of spray polyurethane.  These both went to my booth at De'France.  This color has been a really good seller for me lately, so I was thrilled to find these already in this shade to start with.  They both sold in just a couple of days (Justin says I should have marked them higher, but I can't justify selling pressed wood furniture for outrageous prices!).  I will have lots of upcoming furniture because I finished a dresser and a small side table today, along with working on a kid's table that's staying with me! 
Also, I would like to give a shout out to Cassie over at Primitive and Proper for helping me out today with some Blogger questions.  I'm still trying to work my way around blogland and figure out what the monkey I'm doing and she was super helpful with a specific question I had.  Her blog is primarily about furniture as well.  Thanks, Cassie!

No comments: